September 18, 2012

new city, new friends.

The Dennys
     One of the great blessings of coming to New York has been making friends with the Dennys. They've been great friends and have been able to show us things we would've never thought of doing.A couple of weeks ago, Ryan got VIP wristbands from his work for Good Morning America (GMA) for one of the summer concerts in Central Park featuring none other than The Backstreet Boys. We had to wake up at four in the morning so we could find a parking spot and get a good spot for the concert. I wasn’t sure if I was going to enjoy the concert. Growing up, I was more of an Nsync fan. I had to ask Jason multiple times what each of their names was and sadly Jason knew every first and last name.
Waiting for the show to start (notice it's still dark out)
The boys with the GMA crew

     When “the boys” came on stage, I felt like a teenager again. I started picking out which guys I thought were cute and of course, I sang along to all of the songs. They sang some of their classics: “I Want it That Way”, “Larger than Life”, and of course, “Backstreet’s Back”. The four of us had so much fun jumping around and getting our faces in the camera so we could be on T.V.
I loved their dance moves haha
We had a little too much fun

     The following weekend, Ryan hooked us up again with tickets and we went to Rye’s Playland – sounds creepy, huh? It was actually really fun. This amusement park was basically like a carnival/fair that never leaves. We played games, won prizes, and ate unlimited food. Unfortunately, the rides were shut down due to the storms. These storms also caused the amusement park to close four hours early.

     Before leaving, we took a look at the boardwalk where the scene with Zoltar from “Big” was filmed. Jason and I love that movie and it was definitely surreal to see the spot where Tom Hanks wished to be a teenager again. It’s also funny that the Zoltar machine has since been replaced by a Pepsi vending machine.

     Jason and I are so grateful to have such good friends already and we are excited to plan other adventures with them.
Ryan showed Jason his mad DJ skills

No comments: