January 8, 2013

jason's first white christmas.

     Jason was very excited for his first White Christmas this year. I was getting a little nervous that he wasn’t going to get it because there was no sign of snow here in Michigan until finally it came just in time on Christmas Eve. On Christmas Day, my grandparents and two great-aunts came over for dinner. It’s always so nice to see them, especially when I haven’t seen them in so long. The most fun part of the day was exchanging gifts in the morning with Jason. Of course, it’s the most relieving part of the day as well since I am on edge about whether Jason will like what I got him or not. By the way, he LOVED  his New Wayfarer Ray-bans. And I loved my new iPhone although it wasn't as big of a surprise.
Mom was smart to hide Jason's present in an odd container to throw him off
Getting annoyed with Jason staking his gifts (please ignore my Christmas morning look)
     After that first snowfall, it seemed like it would never stop. We got a total of about 7-8 inches of snow over a few days. One of those days, we just had to go sledding. Luckily, a bunch of my friends wanted to go too, which is always more fun. I had such a fun time catching up with some of my best friends from high school. I loved hearing about what they were up to and what their goals were. I have such a great group of smart, beautiful friends!
Jason couldn't wait for my friends so he went on the baby hill in my backyard
He didn't last very long
Alyssa, Jamie, Buddy (he belongs to Jamie), Kelsey, Nicole, Me, Jase
     A few days after Christmas, our family of four drove to Stow, Ohio to visit my mom's side of the family. Jason and I were so excited to catch up with the Pinkerton Family and to finally meet little Aiden (I always knew Dave and Sara would have the cutest kids). It was a little odd this year to not have Grandma and Grandpa there to celebrate with us. It wasn’t the same without them, but we still had a fabulous time. 
So cute
Aiden and his Mommy
Having fun at the Pinkerton's
Me? I became best friends with the dogs; this is Tucker

No comments: