July 28, 2012

graduation day.


Well, I did it folks; I graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho. Now all that’s left is student teaching. It’s a little difficult to set something up like that long distance, so I hope to work on that as soon as possible in New York. 
It was really great that my parents were able to come all the way to Idaho from Michigan for the weekend. Not only were they able to attend my graduation, but they were a tremendous help with packing the car and cleaning the apartment. It was nice to see and spend time with them after a very long year.
I was happy to graduate with my friends that I have met in my classes over these past three years. I’m not going to lie, the best friends were definitely made my last two semesters, which makes it harder to say goodbye. 
It’s quite a relief to be finished with college. When Jason and I first started talking about getting married, we realized there was a slight issue with him graduating in the Spring of 2011 because if I kept attending school two semesters a year, I’d be done two years after him. This meant I had to start going year-round. It was kind of stressful to attend college six straight semesters with only a seven-week break in the summer to get married, but by doing this, Jason only had to wait a year in Rexburg. Luckily, he had an awesome job to keep him occupied, as well as keeping busy with finalizing plans for Graduate School at NYU and figuring out the logistics of relocating to New York.
It’s weird to think that the next time I am in a classroom it will be to teach. I really learned a lot from my courses and I feel like they have adequately prepared me for the actually task of teaching. The thought of having my own classroom with my own students just makes me more excited and I can’t wait for what’s next. We left Rexburg on the 22nd of July and started our road trip to Michigan (where we'll be staying for about a week) and then move into our apartment in Westchester, New York.

No comments: