May 8, 2011

mom knows best.

My best friend
     Being that it is Mother’s Day, I thought I would share a story that has to do with my mom, but still stay on the topic of Jason and I. When I first started dating Jason, we had a hard time communicating because I was really shy. I didn’t want to say anything wrong around Jason because I really wanted him to like me. Jason found this kind of frustrating.  
At least I know who I get my silliness from
     One day after having a tiff as Jason and I call them, I called my mom because I was pretty upset. Because I didn’t have the most confidence, I was scared Jason was going to break up with me, but I also had this strong feeling of "don’t let him go." While talking with my mom, she told me that when Jason and I first started dating and I showed her a picture of him, she had a very strong feeling right away that she was looking at her future son-in-law. Hearing this comforted me so much and gave me the confidence I needed to keep working on communicating with Jason and that everything would work out. And look where we are today! I am so grateful for my mom’s great strength and the influence she has on me. I love her so much. She is and always will be my best friend.

     I also already love my future mother-in-law! She is so sweet! I obviously haven’t gotten the chance to get to know her as much as I would like, but I can’t wait to spend more time with her.
The Cowles Clan
     Story time! Okay, after meeting Jason’s family for the first time and before we left to go back to school, Jason’s mom took me aside and told me how happy she was for us and how much she already loved me. Knowing how much she loves Jason, it made me feel so good knowing that I met her expectations for Jason. It made me really happy and I only hope that I will continue to please Jason’s family. To all you mothers out there, we love you. We may not always show it, but know that we are grateful and appreciative for all that you do. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: